ManagementGuruZ

Dear Guest,
Please, Register & Login to view complete site.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ManagementGuruZ

Dear Guest,
Please, Register & Login to view complete site.

ManagementGuruZ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top 10 Interview Questions 2 and 3: Strengths and Weaknesses

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Top 10 Interview Questions 2 and 3: Strengths and Weaknesses Empty Top 10 Interview Questions 2 and 3: Strengths and Weaknesses

Post by Admin Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:41 pm

We asked a number of recruiters what the top questions were that they asked during interviews. We then compiled that list into the top ten interview questions. As part of our 10 part guide we will publish each question and the most appropriate way to handle them on a weekly basis.

2. What are your Greatest Strengths?

In asking this question the interviewer is simply trying to figure out whether you can do the job and whether you will fit in at the company.

To answer this question, focus on how your technical skills solve a problem the company has and may possibly benefit the company.

3. What Are Your Weaknesses?

By asking this question, the interviewer is trying to (a) screen out people who confess to weaknesses that are unacceptable given the position and (b) see how you deal with an uncomfortable question.

Answer this question by minimizing your weakness and emphasizing your strengths and giving a weakness that is also a strength. Be honest, but do not be absurdly blunt. Focus on professional traits, not personal traits, because professional traits can be learned.

Potential answer:

* I am always working on improving my communication skills to be a more effective presenter. I recently took a seminar at MIT on effective IT communication skills.
    * One of my weaknesses was to take on too many projects with too little time to complete to my high standards. I have learned to prioritize and set realistic goals. I am now more focused and productive professionally and personally.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:24 am